Sunday, July 20, 2008

Finding my way in Portland


Ok lets just say I am lost. I have lived by whole life in So. Cal and Orange County (HB) for over 45 years. So I just always have known my way around sorta kinda. Now I am very confused. I have never known so many streets by Numbers not just Numbers but SW, SE, NW, NE very confusing. At first I was using Frogs GPS. By the way this little device is worth it's weight in Gold. I thought I should not depend on it ( mainly because it is not mine) as I need to learn my way. So I was getting pretty good and thought wow I think I have got it. WRONG. The other night after work I went to get Jenn and take her to buy a bike. I took a new way home and got so lost on the wrong side of the river and no bridge to the other side. Anyway a 20 min drive home took 2.5 hours and I was almost in tears. It is a adventure to say the least. I think getting lost is fun unless I am very tired or need to be somewhere. I will find my way and I know this is a lesson of something for sure, just what I am not sure, focus, patience, direction, or just life.
Until next time
Peace and love
Beach bum

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good. Visit my blogspot
http://elkinchi.blogspot.com
I vote in your poll

heartshapedhedges said...

Glad you are all nice and settled up there.

One more thing you might have to get used to...besides finding your way and orienting yourself without the beach...it rains a lot (or so they say.)

so...let's all work together (by let's all, I mean, you and Jen and maybe Frog) to get Jen a license and a car... too much rain to get around by bike. I know she can do it.

Speaking of Rita...she took me to get my license on my 16th birthday...I know she would want the same for Jen.

Anonymous said...

update please!