Monday, June 9, 2008

Tomatoes

Salmonella outbreak linked to raw tomatoes strikes about 150

Ok so last year it was spinach and now tomatoes. I work in a restaurant and we now have pulled all tomatoes from the menu. No more tomatoes in salad, no more on pizza, no more on plates, in sauces or salsas. So here we are throwing out nice roma and round tomatoes and I am thinking these are good and I am taking some home...............now the roma and rounds are the ones they have narrowed it down to. After I got home I was thinking should I eat them, is it worth it????

What will it be next Watermelon, Carrots, Squash, Grapes etc............. Can we just keep our water source clean and put better, bigger, cleaner, and closer restrooms to these people so we don't contaminate our food source...........

The spinach outbreak in My area really hurt Soup Plantation. I felt bad because it could be any one we all get our produce from a couple of sources. I business can be ruined that fast and not even be anything you can control.

No more tomatoes......this should really help the economy and the farmers who are already having problem with cost of fuel, slumping purchases, and raising unemployment not to mention the immigration situation.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mom your funny

heartshapedhedges said...

Im kinda thinking if there are no tomatoes, that the illegal immigrants who pick tomatoes will go home...I know that's only a small portion of them, but sorry, any bit will help. (how totally un PC of me...)

Good luck with the big move....